The Professional, Personal & Creative:
I grew up fascinated by technology, first as a young pre-teen in the 80s with BBS systems & 7-line systems called Ddials, then as an adult by working in the world of dot-coms.
I have returned to the land of Southern Illinois to further develop my skills as a Digital Storyteller. I'm passionate about documenting stories about personal identity, social issues and technology
While pursuing this passion as a Graduate Student at SIU Carbondale, I also work at the SIU Carbondale Student Recreation Center. I am responsible strategy and management of their social media. I love my job as I am not only passionate about marketing, but I get to flex my creative muscles by creating videos & other content which helps showcase the facility.
10 Random Things About Me:
- This is the second time I have lived in Southern Illinois. I have also lived in London, Los Angeles, San Francisco (for six weeks) and in and around Chicago.
- As a child, I thought my father and Chevy Chase's character from Vacation were the same person. Two words: ROAD TRIP.
- The first concert I went to with my parents was Barry Mannilow.
- I have been online since 1985. Yep. 1985.
- One of my childhood dogs was named after the movie Gremlins.
- My favorite drink as a child: Milk & Pepsi.
- I have a weird obsession with quirky pop culture (Hello Kitty).
- The first concert I went to without my parents was Bon Jovi & Cinderella.
- My favorite types of food in the world: Korean & Thai.
- I was married in Iowa, but my marriage is only legal in a few states in the US and some countries around the world.